The Barndominium

Most of the homes on my site are for sale, or for lease.  This one is an exception, of sorts.  The home is not for sale, but the concept is.  This is The “Barndominium”, the personal residence of Realtor Heidi Allbritton.  She and her husband built their new home last year.  From the outside, it is a completely nondescript barn, but the inside…  WOW!  It is finished out in a fashion that rivals any downtown loft!  Heidi and her builder are working on marketing this concept as I write this.  Contact her for information on how you can have one of these put up on your property.  (Dogs are not included.  You’ll have to supply your own.)

©2011.  All Rights Reserved.

This entry was posted in RECENT WORK and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

9 Comments

1. Posted March 4, 2011 at 5:56 am by Tracy | Permalink

This is beautiful! I am looking into building something similar to this. How would i find out more information from the builders??

2. Posted September 1, 2011 at 8:22 am by John McCall | Permalink

My wife and I are looking at doing this on a piece of property we already own. I am in the Army and we have been saving most of my income while deployed for this when I get home. Could you shoot me some additional info as well as an estimated price on the total cost of the home pictured so we can get an idea. Thanks.

3. Posted September 23, 2011 at 10:56 pm by Donna Clark | Permalink

My husband and I are wanting to do something very similiar to ths. Can you provide any information on an estimate for a 1000 sq ft bld or how to go about getting started etc. Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I live in the Brazosport area.

4. Posted November 14, 2011 at 11:49 pm by Lucia Sanders | Permalink

Interested of what something like this would cost. I love yours the way it is set up and the layout.

5. Posted July 1, 2012 at 10:16 am by BA Jackson | Permalink

I am building a 60 X 80 Barndominium on my land. I plan to use the barn part for a cattle operations (storage for tractor as well as our personal boat etc) 1200-1400 sq feet living space. please advise me of any plans especially yours that could inspire me as I plan my living space. I want as much as possible of my living space to be open. thanks in advance for your assistance

6. Posted October 27, 2012 at 9:37 pm by Andrea M | Permalink

Just want to say, you have a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing your pictures. There are so many of us wanting to do the same idea and there is so little information and pictures out there. Again thanks.

7. Posted November 10, 2013 at 9:50 am by Karen Patrick | Permalink

Looking for a barnomenium in the central texas area where we can keep our 45′ MH in along with living quarters.

8. Posted July 17, 2014 at 10:36 pm by heidi | Permalink

Hi just sold my ranch and want a one :-) want to be close to my horses . I want a 1200 living quarters and a 6 stalls or 4 depending on the cost any ideas and what I can expect to pay ft worth tx I know I want a Window in my kitchen to open so when they come in the barn I can say hello
    Heidi